Where is your code that you build with Crowdbotics?
When you build with Crowdbotics, all the code associated with your project is 100% yours. We store all of your project's source code in a GitHub repository (or "repo") that you can access whenever you like. You can go into this repo and edit your build directly, or give others access to it so that they can make changes for you.
In order to access your project's GitHub repo, you will need to first create a GitHub account. It is recommended (but not required) that you create your GitHub account before logging into the Crowdbotics platform for the first time.
There are two different ways to connect your GitHub account to Crowdbotics: you can connect your existing Crowdbotics account to your GitHub account, or login to Crowdbotics using your GitHub credentials.
Connecting your existing Crowdbotics account to GitHub
Once you've created your GitHub account, follow these steps to connect your GitHub account to Crowdbotics:
- Ensure that you are currently logged in to your GitHub account.
- In the Crowdbotics platform, click on the Account icon in the top-right corner and select "View Profile" from the dropdown menu.
- In the user settings screen, click the "Connect" button next to the GitHub logo. Note: once you've successfully connected your GitHub account, the "Connect" button will change to a "Revoke Access" button. If the button does not change, then the connection was unsuccessful. Double-check that you are currently logged in to GitHub and retry.
Login to Crowdbotics with your GitHub account
- Visit the Crowdbotics login page.
- Click the "Login with GitHub" button.
- On the following page, enter your GitHub login credentials.
Your GitHub account is now linked to Crowdbotics.
Accessing your project's source code
In order to access your project's source code, you need to be a team member of your Crowdbotics project. There are two ways to become a team member:
- Create your new project from the Create App page. Any time that you create a new app, you are automatically added as a team member with Owner permissions. You can also add other team members from the Team Members page or the Settings page.
- Request an invite to join your Crowdbotics project from an existing team member. If you are a Professional Services user, your PM will send you an invite to join your project. You will receive an email containing an invitation link. Click "View Invitation" and accept the invitation on the following screen in order to be added to your project.
NOTE: Be sure that you are signed into Crowdbotics with your GitHub account when you click the link to accept the invitation to join your project.
Once you've accepted the invitation to join your project, you can view your project repo in GitHub directly or access it from inside the Crowdbotics platform.
To access your GitHub repo from the Crowdbotics platform, simply go to the Settings page on your App Dashboard and click "View Code" in the right-hand panel.
Sending a new GitHub repo invite
If you have previously been added to your project under a Crowdbotics username that was not connected to GitHub, then you may need to be removed from your project and re-added in order to trigger a new GitHub repo invitation email. Your PM can assist you with removing your current account and sending a new GitHub invitation.