Find out more about Storyboarding with Crowdbotics
For most apps, effective development starts with creating a storyboard: a screen-by-screen outline of what a user sees when using an app. Just like making a movie, a storyboard outlines what will happen, step-by-step.
When you imagine your application in use, what are the screens users will see? What does this button do? What screens are necessary for users to achieve their goals?
This process is called Storyboarding.
The new Crowdbotics Storyboard Tool helps you quickly storyboard your own applications.
As you think through the necessary functions and screens needed for your application, imagine a flow that makes sense for the user: a login screen might take a user to a profile screen; a purchase screen may take a user to a payment information screen, and so on.
With the Crowdbotics Storyboard Tool, you can quickly start linking screens together to keep track of what goes where (and identify what’s missing). Your storyboard is complete once you account for every screen, and how the user will arrive there.
To storyboard an app with Crowdbotics:
- Click on the Modules tab in the right-hand menu of the Storyboard page
- From here, add in all the screens required for your build
- Lay out the screens in the Modules Grid until you get an idea of flow
- Begin linking each screen by clicking on the module, and selecting “Link” then connecting the module to the next screen in your flow
- Delete links by selecting the trash can icon on the arrow drawn between linked screens
- Reset your modules at any time if you’d like to go back to just the screens
Be sure to save your changes before leaving the page.
After you feel like your storyboard is complete, you’ll need to configure your installed screens and then deploy your app!
Take a look at this video for more info: